This is a blog about how to fix discord crashing. In this article, I will be covering the top five most common ways of fixing it.
1: Restart Your Computer
2: Update Your Drivers
3: Check For Updates in Discord
4: Clear your User Data and Settings from Discord The 5th way would be troubleshooting with a third party program like Game Booster or RAM Cleaner).
The “discord crashing computer 2021” is a problem that has been present for a while. The 5 fixes to fix this issue are as follows:1) Restart your PC2) Update the Discord app3) Restart your internet connection4) Uninstall and reinstall the Discord app5) Remove all other apps from your PC.
Discord is a chat program that allows users to connect with one another. Since it is used to play games, a seamless connection is vital for a good playing experience, especially for multiplayer games. The great majority of Discord users, on the other hand, report unexpected Discord crashes.
When this occurs, Discord makes no attempt to notify the user. When the program fails or restarts, it will not send any notifications. Some users have experienced discord crashing on sometimes, while others have only experienced it on rare occasions, such as while setting up the app or playing games. The absence of an error message or warning might make things more difficult for you when it comes to determining the reason of the issue.
Why Does The Discord App Keep Crashing?
This discord crashing problem may be caused by a number of factors. For further information, see the section below.
- For a large number of users, an update to Discord caused the problem. Update-related bugs are rather common, so this may be one of them. One of these vulnerabilities might impact the app’s audio or video modules. The issue is most likely caused by a voice/video communication issue.
- It is fairly unusual for files to become corrupt. It’s possible that corrupted files are to blame for the program’s failure. If the AppData folder is the root of the problem, then removing that folder and a few additional files can cure discord crashing.
Download and install the most recent driver for your device.
Most of the time, outdated computer drivers cause the system to crash repeatedly whenever you start a software on your PC. Well, you may simply solve it yourself without the need for any assistance from a tech support specialist.
To fix the problem, all you had to do was update all of your computer’s outdated drivers. We’ll teach you how to update the driver on a Windows machine in this article. To properly comprehend the procedure, please follow the step-by-step directions provided below.
1. Open the Device Manager by going to the Start Menu and typing “Device Manager” into the search field.
2. Once the device manager is open, scroll down to the drivers you suspect are outdated, such as graphics, sound, Bluetooth, network, and others. Which are crucial for the computer’s connection.
3. Next, expand the adapter to have access to further options, then choose the driver and right-click it to reach the option menu.
4. Select “Update Driver” from the list of choices and follow the on-screen directions to update the drivers to the most recent version.
Make sure your computer is connected to the internet when upgrading the Windows drivers.
Make use of third-party software
Some third-party software enables you to automatically update drivers without any fuss, and the issue will be resolved in a matter of minutes. There are several software programs accessible on the internet; all you have to do is download and install them on your computer, then run them to resolve the cashing problem.
Make that Legacy Mode is turned on.
A large number of Discord users have encountered this problem and have been able to resolve it by enabling legacy mode. This old option may be found in the Discord app’s Settings section.
If you utilize your microphone or other voice/video interaction options, you will most likely encounter the issue. If you’re having trouble with this, just follow the instructions outlined below, and the problem should go away. Follow the steps given below to enable legacy mode in your browser to see whether the problem may be addressed.
- Open the Discord server in your browser.
- To access them, click the gear icon (User Settings). It should be at the top of your avatar on the right side.
- In the left-hand pane, click on Voice & Video.
- Then, from the Audio Subsystem drop-down box, scroll down and choose Legacy.
- If the app asks you to confirm a specific activity, choose Okay.
Delete the content of Discord from the AppData folder.
If the problem of discord crashing is caused by corrupted files or cache, you may fix it by removing the contents of the AppData folder. Do not be concerned about the erased files; they will not cause any difficulties. Every time you start the Discord app for the first time, these files will be created automatically.
If the problem is with your computer, you may use an application like Restoro Repair to check the repositories and remove faulty or missing data. In most circumstances, if a corrupt system is to blame for the issue, this strategy will work.
1. To open Windows Explorer, hold down the Windows + E keys simultaneously.
2. To run the Discord program, put percent AppData percent /discord into the URL bar in Windows Explorer.
When you double-click the Cache folder, it will appear.
4. Now you must delete all of the files in this folder. To remove the text, hold the CTRL key and hit the A key (CTRL + A), then press the Delete key. The words will vanish in an instant.
5. Double-click the Local Storage folder to access the Discord folder, and you’ll be redirected to the Discord web page.
6. Now you must delete all of the files in this folder. To remove the text, hold the CTRL key and hit the A key (CTRL + A), then press the Delete key. Make careful to double-check any additional prompts you may get.
You may now access the Discord program after closing the Windows Explorer window. You may now close it if everything is functioning properly.
If this does not cure your discord crashing problem, please proceed to the instructions listed below.
- Then, while still holding the Windows key, hit the E key.
- Type percent AppData% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and press Enter to get to the folder with that name.
- Locate the Discord folder on your computer. From the menu to the right of the Discord folder, choose “Delete.” Check to see whether the confirmation pop-up is active.
- If you put percent LocalAppData percent into the address bar of Windows Explorer and press Enter, the percent LocalAppData percent will appear.
- You must locate the Discord folder. Right-click the Discord folder and pick Delete from the menu. Confirm any other instructions that occur.
- While pressing R, press and hold the Windows critical key.
- In the text box, type appwiz.CPL and hit Enter.
- The Discord app is available on the list and may be chosen from there.
- Click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer.
- You will need to reinstall Discord if the machine has been restarted.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on your computer.
With hardware acceleration, all images and text are produced by the GPU, which improves Discord’s overall speed. If you continue to have issues with this on your PC, you may try turning off this function. You may need to restart Discord if it continues to crash.
1. In Discord, go to User Settings and choose it from the dropdown menu.
2. On the left side of the window, scroll down to Appearance. Make sure Hardware Acceleration is switched off in the right-hand window by scrolling down to it.
Whether the crashing in Discord issue has been resolved, you should attempt streaming again with Discord crashing to see if the problem has been resolved. Hopefully, this is the case. Even if it isn’t, you should be proud of yourself! If the problem persists, don’t panic — here are two more discord crashing remedies to try if the problem persists.
Try all of the above-mentioned remedies for discord crashing. There are a few more fixes, but any of them will resolve the issue of discord crashing. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments area.
Articles Related to This:
On Windows and Mac, here’s how to record a Zoom meeting.
Windows 11’s Best Password Manager
Discord is a chat app that allows you to communicate with people on your phone, tablet or computer. The “discord mobile keeps crashing on startup” is an issue that has been present since the beginning of Discord. There are 5 ways to fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix discord crashes?
A: If your discord crashes, the first steps are to make sure all software on your computer is updated and that you have a clean windows installation. After this try reinstalling discord through their website if it still does not work.
Why does discord app keep crashing?
A: Discord is not very compatible with windows 10. I would recommend using a different app or trying to fix the issue manually if youre up for it.
- discord mobile crashing 2021
- discord keeps crashing ios 2021
- discord mobile crashing 2020
- discord crashing on startup
- discord keeps crashing android